Pages

1.05.2012

Step away from the Oreos...

We're girls. We're dramatic, emotional, and not happy when we're hungry.

That's not just me, right?


I find myself coming home from class or work in the afternoon absolutely starving; like the 'I feel like I only have minutes left to live before I wither away and die' kind of starving.

In our vulnerable states of mind it's super easy to head to the cabinet and gorge on the first salty or sweet snacks we see. Starting today, no more will that half bag of chex mix be gone before our we can say, "Did I really just eat all that?!"

Here are a few snacks and ideas to curb your salty or sweet tooth when you're minutes away from death, without adding a ridiculous number of calories.

1. Hot chocolate or cider - it's sweet, warm, and comes in sugar free versions for minimal calories!!

2. Cut an apple into chip-like slices and sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon and sugar for a crunchy treat that goes a long way.

3. Tuna or chicken salad with celery - Take a can of tuna or chicken: add a spoonful of mayo, chopped celery and a dash of pepper. I use the stalks of celery for dipping instead of crackers.

4. Craving ice cream? Put a cup of frozen berries in a bowl and add a tablespoon of your favorite coffee creamer for a super yummy treat.

5. Popcorn. Use the 100-calorie packs or pour out a portion into a bowl at a time if you find yourself guilty of eating the whole bag.

Lastly, take that snack and leave the room! Eating in the kitchen is dangerous territory. Move out of the danger zone!

Happy snacking!

much love, tara

1 comment:

  1. Such good snack ideas! I think I need to try the frozen berries + coffee creamer :)

    ReplyDelete